Monday, April 18, 2016

Sun 4/17 - Push (Awesome Incline, Great WO!)

Workout: LA Fitness
(85#Inc)7,6,5,5,5
(50#IsoInc)12,11,11,10
(55#IsoShldr)3x9
(25#Crunch)4x10
(IncFly)20x10,15x10,10
(30#Delt)2x10,25x10
(90#Skulls)10,8,7,60x12
(5#LDelt)3x12
(58#Rope)2x10
(25#FacePull)2x12

75 + 15 = 90 mins

Push day today at LA Fitness. I started with heavy incline and wanted to get at least 5x5. Beat that and was VERY pleased with this work. Last time I tried 5x5 with 85#DB’s I had to drop to 80#DB’s after a couple of sets. Very good work. Best incline in a while, and leanest I’ve been in a while. Programming working out very nicely. Next I did iso incline. Planned on 2 setsbut was going well so I did 4, supersetted with weighted crunches. Next I did iso shoulder. Good reps here, especially after a lot of pressing already.

Then I supersetted incline cable fly’s with delt raises. Next I supersetted skull crushers with cable lateral delt raises. 3 sets heavy skulls, plus a drop set. Finished up with some rope pushdowns and face pulls.

Absolutely an awesome workout, especially considering my diet and level of leanness. I’m not where I want to be quite yet, but getting there and I’m maintaining, if not even gaining strength. That will surely change, but for the time being it’s just clicking. I think it’s for 2 reasons. First, my diet has been on point during the week with refeeds on the weekend surrounding WO’s I’m pushing hard. Second, since work is really busy, I haven’t had time for long or frequent WO’s. So my WO’s are generally short, but intense, and the lower frequency is for onceallowing me to recover better while in a deficit. In the past, I think I’ve worked out too much while in a deficit and haven’t allowed myself enough recovery time between hard efforts.

Nutrition: 
I weighed 172.6 this morning. The last two days were in the 169.x’s, so I’m getting down there nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment