Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tue 2/3 - Upper (Work gym)

Workout: Work Gym
(60#DBShldr)10,10,8,8 - Very good
(135#BOR)4x10
(55#Inc)10,11,11
(150#PullDn)3x8
(75#UprightRow)3x12
(50#RDeltFly)3x10
(68#PushDn)3x12
(10#Crunch)10/10/10,10/10/8

49 + 6 w/u = 55 mins

Hit the work gym at lunch. My R shoulder has still been really problematic with pressing and I thought a break from heavy incline might help. So, I started with DB shoulder press. Shoulder felt good warming up, so I went heavier than anticipated and got 4 really good sets. I think my best recent WO with these was 60#'s x 9,9,8,7, so I did much better.  I supersetted with Bent Over Rows. My back and lats were still really sore from heavy 5x5 deadlift, so I didn't go very heavy on rows. No cheating on these reps and I paused and squeezed on each rep at contraction. These felt awesome. Very pleased with this superset. Next I supersetted incline with pulldowns. I was warming up on incline and realized I wasn't going to be able to go heavy at all because of my shoulder, and because of heavy shoulder presses. I controlled the reps and paused at the bottom for each one. This wasn't heavy but really good work. I had to lighten the weight on pulldowns twice. My back is still fried. Can't believe I'm feeling the deadlifts in my lats this much. I must be doing something wrong :)

Next I supersetted upright rows with rear delt fly's. Both were good. Finished up with some triceps and ab work. Great WO. Not much fluff. Very pleased.

Nutrition:I weighed 181.2 this morning. This is down from 186.2 yesterday morning...and I ate almost 3K calories yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment