Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sun 2/22 - Upper

Workout: LA Fitness
(75#Inc)8,8,8,65x10
(55#SealRow)10,9,9,9
(CaptChair)10,10,10,9
(50#IsoShldr)4x10
(65#BBCurl)2x10,30#x12
(58#SeatRow)3x10
(CrunchTwist)23,15,15
(145#PullDn)2x10
(80#LDelt)3x10
(65#RopeExt)12,10,9
(10#RDelt)3x10

78 + 11 w/u = 89 mins

Sarah and I went to the gym this morning after a day off during snow storm. Started with incline and this was my 3rd upper WO of the week so I went a little lighter. I mistakenly thought this was going to be easy and did paused reps. First set of 8 was tough on my R shoulder. I continued the next 2 sets paused and controlled, but didn't pause each rep quite as long as first set. Did one back off long paused set.  We supersetted seal rows and leg raises. I did seal rows on the incline bench today because I tweaked my back the other day, and these are easier on the back when chest supported.

Next we did shoulder press on the iso-lateral machine. The twist today was that we did them "backwards" facing the seat.  The setup on this machine if used conventionally is really more of an incline press.  When done facing the seat, they really focus on the shoulders. Supersetted these with curls. I did 2 sets of barbell curls (fist time doing these in perhaps 4 months) and a set of hammer curls. Barbell curls were hard on my elbows/forearms.

Next we did seated cable rows supersetted with crunches. My abs died after the first set of these.  We then supersetted pulldowns and rear delts, then finished the WO with some triceps and rear delt work.  Really good WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 184.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment