Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sat-Sun 11/17-18 & Weekly Recap

Sat
Rest day.  Went to Clark Bro's and sighted in my 30-06.
I weighed 179.4.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 230 77 21  1,410
Calories 920 308 189  1,417
Percent 65% 22% 13% 100%

Sun
Walked 45 mins fasted at 2PM.
I weighed 178.2 this morning.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 212 59 20  1,261
Calories 848 236 180  1,265
Percent 67% 19% 14% 100%

I kept calories low both Saturday and Sunday.  Still stripping off some fat and leaning out nicely.  My jeans were noticeably loose today.  Fasting and not eating first meal until 2/3PM makes it a little easier.  Hoping I have enough energy for a good WO tomorrow and I'm looking forward to some carbs post WO.  I'll work out fasted, then oatmeal, baked chicken breast and an apple or bananna sound yummy. :)

Week ending 11/18 Recap
I dropped about 9-10 pounds this week.  I had 11,600 calories for the week.  That's 9.25 calories per pound of body weight per day.  10 is a number I've used in the past for cutting, so this was a good week for stripping off some weight quickly.  Certainly not putting on any muscle with those calories, so hopefully I was able to maintain with the workouts I had and protein at 223 grams/day (about 1.25 grams per pound of body weight).

My elbows are still really bad.  I saw the PT and have been doing some stretching exercises (at least 5-6 times a day) for my forearms to help my elbows.  It hasn't seemed to help yet, but I'll keep at it.  I haven't done any pullups for a couple of weeks.  That's the exercise that seems to hurt the most, but any type of pulling motion (rows) hurts and heavy dead lifts can't help either.  I'll push through this week and then I'll have a full week off lifting while I'm hunting, so that might help as well.


The last two weeks were supposed to be "deload" weeks.  That means much lower volume.  I've hammered legs fairly hard and although volume has been a little lower for upper body than during FB SD Hyp weeks, I haven't done a great job of taking it easy.  I need to learn that sometimes less is more for the long run and the body needs time to recover.  I think in the back of my mind, I knew Thanksgiving and my trip were coming up so I hesitated to take it real easy.  Once I get in the gym, it's hard to just hit a couple of hard sets for each movement and get out.

Anyway, overall a good week.  Some good WO's and nutrition was really in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment