Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wed 11/21 - GBR Upper

Workout:
(60#Incline)4x8
(90#T-Bar)3x7,45#x15 (4)
(50#Bench)x18,15,13 (3)
(115#BOR)3x12
(35#DBShldrPress)3x10
(70#RearDelt)3x12
(55#OHTriExt)3x12
(60#WeightCrunch)20/+8,8,8 (4)
(25#InclineFlys)x17,30#x12,12 (3)
(TortureTwist)20/+10,8,8
50 mins


Good WO.  I didn't have quite the strength I did on Monday. Probably because today should have been a day off, but gym is closed tomorrow for Thanksgiving so I doubled up.  Incline was good and I just stuck with 60's because I wanted to get at least 8 reps/set.  I contemplated pullups today, but did two and they still really hurt elbows, so I did T-bar row for 3 heavy sets, then dropped weight by 50% and did a high rep last set.  I liked that.

I did bench with 50's and just did AMRAP w/o going to failure and alternated it with bent over rows.  I didn't go heavy on these because my back is tight from the last two WO's and I did heavy sets on T-bar.

Dumbell shoulder press and rear delts were OK, as were tri extensions.  I didn't bother trying dips, but probably should have done one more exercise of 2 sets for tri's (close grip bench).  I finished up with weighted crunches (which were good again with 60#'s), flys and torture twists.  I had to bump up weight
on flys, which is good.

Overall a really good WO.  I'm disappointed my elbows don't seem to really have improved much at all.  They don't hurt as much, but trying a couple of pullups made it clear I'm not even close to out of the woods with them yet.  Maybe having next week off will help.

Nutrition:
I weighed 183 this morning.  I wasn't happy with that, but that's what I get for eating a shit load (6-8 servings) of frozen yogurt last night.  Other than that, my diet was really pretty clean yesterday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment