Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tue 11/20 - GBR Lower

Workout:
(Squat)135x10,155x8,175x6,6,6 (5) Good
(RDL)225x6,6,6,8,265x6
(LegPress)4plates 4x15 Good
(35#GHR)3x15
(65#Shrugs)3x12
(Dips)2x15
60mins

Squat was good.  Not as heavy as recent WO's, but this wasn't in the Smith machine, so weight was actually heavier (meaning the smith machine weights are actually over-stated). 225#s felt heavy today so I didn't bump up right away as planned.  My back was tight this morning from heavy rowing yesterday, so I think that had something to do with it.  Switched to a mixed grip for 4th and 5th sets.  This felt much better, but don't want to always use mixed grip.

Leg press was good with 4 plates and high reps.  I had 3 sets written in, but did 4.  GHR was hard.  These really burn and I was light headed getting up after each set.  I super setted shrugs and dips (greasing the groove), but only did two sets of dips.

Really good lower workout.  I only wish RDL would have been more heavy sets.It took longer than normal because it took longer to set things up in the squat rack for squats and dead lift.

Normally tomorrow would be a day off, but the gym is closed for Thanksgiving so I think I'll hit upper again tomorrow (Wed), Thursday off and then hit lower before my trip to PA and a week off.

Nutrition:
I weighed about 178 this morning.  I don't have my scale in Williamsburg, so weight is kind of irrelevant.  Carbs got a little out of control in the evening with about 8 servings of frozen yogurt.  I stopped tracking macros because it would have been a pain.  Protein was 238 grams.  Probably ~3,500 cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment