Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thu 11/15 - Upper Deload4 & Stripping off the fat

Workout:
(50#DBIncline)4x12
(120#SeatedRow)4x12
(35#DBOHP)3x10
(135#Pulldown)3x7
(50#DBBench)3x10
(80#RearDelt)3x12
(50#OHTriExt)3x10
34mins

2-hour break for meeting and lunch

(50#Crunch)30/+10,10,10,10 (5)
(Dips)2x12
(20#Flys)2x12
12mins

46mins total

Was getting ready to head over to large Sprint gym when I got an IM from boss asking for something for an All Hands Meeting presentation this afternoon. Change of plans and a lot less time before a meeting with Oracle, so had to move pretty quickly through exercises.

Incline with higher reps felt really good.  Decided to try some rows and see how elbows felt.  Palms facing with v-bar was really painful.  Narrow overhand grip wasn't too bad.  I hate not being able to hit back like normal, but all pulling movements hurt.  I should probably just stop them for a while, but with my hunting trip coming up, that will be a week off lifting so I'm trying to do some work before breaking for that. 

Seated OHP were good and supersetted them with some light, low-rep, pulldowns.  Next was DB bench.  These felt great, and pretty hard for 50#'s after hitting incline and OHP already.  Chest and tri's were on fire after these higher rep sets.  Rear delts were good.  I was running short on time, but wanted to get Overhead Tri Extensions in.  These felt great.  Tri's were really pumped.

I took a 2 hour break for my meeting, lunch, etc., then went back downstairs to the gym in my street clothes and did a few quick exercises.  Weighted crunches were good, but I think I need to go heavier.  Doing too many reps here.   Two sets each of dips and flys and called it a day.

Given the time constraints today, I got some really good work in.  I wanted to hit heavy bench with light volume, but had to improvise and was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.2 this morning.  Stripping off the fat.  Worked out fasted (16 hours).  Cals a little higher than yesterday because of WO.  Tried to eat most of the carbs w/in 2 hours of the WO (oatmeal).



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 236 119 22  1,619
Calories 943 475 200  1,617
Percent 58% 29% 12% 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment