Friday, November 16, 2012

Fri 11/16 - Lower 4 - down 7lbs in 5 days

Workout:
(Squat)135x8,185x5,5,6 (4) good
(RDL)225x10,275x6,6,6,6 (5) real good
(190#LegPress)3x15
(35#GHR)3x15 yowza again. good
(65#Shrugs)3x12
(TortureTwist)30/+10,10,10
(Dips)2x15 good

45 mins

Did this WO fasted and cals/carbs have been lower last couple of days so I didn't know what to expect.  Was shooting for similar WO to Tuesday and figured I'd cut volume.

Squats were good.  Same weights as last week, but I cut out one heavy set and added one rep to last set.  RDL was good.  I was going to bump up the weight on the last set, but reminded myself I'm cutting now and objective is to preserve muscle, not build it.  This was more sets than needed anyway.  I did bump up leg press weight and these were good.  Had to work on last couple of sets.

I supersetted GHR and shrugs.  I did higher reps GHR than last WO.  These REALLY work the glutes and hams.  Felt well worked over and was going to call it a day, but I added torture twists and 2 sets of dips.

Great WO! I'm still getting used to how intensive these lower WO's are by themselves. I didn't really cut volume at all.  I pushed hard with reasoning that I might be taking the weekend off.

Nutrition:
I weighed 179.8 this morning (down about 7lbs from Monday).  I upped the calories today from yesterday to what is around maintenance level.  I did this because lower day takes a great deal of energy and I need the nutrition for recovery, especially since today's WO was full volume and not a typical "cut" WO.  I'm leaning out a bit, but not strictly cutting.  I just want to strip off a little fat to get down to a level where I'll "bulk" again.  Another hard cut won't come probably until late winter early spring.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 236 249 33  2,211
Calories 944 996 294  2,234
Percent 42% 45% 13% 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment