Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wed 2/27 - GBR Lower

Workout: (Fitness First)
(Squat)135x10,185x8,205x5,5,5,5,225x5 (6) Great - PR!
(LegPress)8Plates 3x10 Good
(205#SLDL)3x10
(70#RollingShrugs)3x10
(95#LegExt)3x12
(60#LegCurl)3x12
(160#CableCruncch)3x12
55mins
+12 w/u + 13 c/d = 80mins total

Squat was great today again! My knees were a little achy last night and this morning, but I warmed up well and they didn't bother me during squats. 205#'s felt good for 4 sets, so I bumped up to 225#'s and this felt pretty good too. Not sure if I'm ready for 5x5 at 225, but getting there.  Very happy with how knees are responding.

Leg press/SLDL combo was very good. Leg press was harder than last WO and I had to work pretty hard, probably because I squatted more today. SLDL could have been a little heavier, but better to be cautious with lower back.  33 mins into the WO here and could have called it a day and still called it a great WO.  Shrugs were pretty good.

Leg ext/curl combo was good, but could tell legs were fairly well worked already. I decided to try cable crunches today instead of weighted crunches on the swiss ball.  Not sure how I felt about these. They were "hard" but not sure if my form made them very effective. I'll give them a couple more tries to get technique down and how my abs feel tomorrow morning should give me an indication of how effective they were.

Overall another great lower WO! Very pleased with how legs are finally coming around and I'm starting to get to weights that are going to make a difference.

Nutrition:
I weighed 181.2 this morning. Not too bad after a huge dinner last night at Blue Ridge Grille with Sarah. Still feeling fairly lean at this weight.  Good nutrition day today. I would've actually liked the carbs a little higher after today's big lower WO, but it got late and didn't really want to eat more carbs before bed. I purposely increased fat grams today with some peanut butter in my oatmeal.  Some research leads me to believe that I've kept fat too low for too long which can mess with hormonal balance.  I'll play around with this and see how I respond.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 240 226 64   2,408
  Calories 960 903 573   2,435
  Percent 39% 37% 24% `

No comments:

Post a Comment