Monday, February 18, 2013

Mon 2/18 - Upper

Workout: (Fitness First)
(135#Incline)4x10 Easy - good
(90#IsoRow)4x12 Very good
(70#DBBench)10,10,9 Good
(110#T-bar)3x10 + 45x10 drop set
(95#OHP)4x8 Very good
(30#RearDelt)3x10
(40#HammerCurl)2x10
(155#CGBP)12/+4,4',4,4 Very good
48mins
+13 w/u + 10 c/d = 71mins total

BB incline was good and felt pretty "easy". Definitely left a few reps in the tank on each set, which is what I wanted out of this. I went lighter on the iso row today for higher reps and concentrated on squeezing at contraction. These were really good and I could really feel it in my back.

DB bench was good. First set was easy, but got progressively harder quickly. Really had to work on the last rep of last set. I didn't really want that close to failure today, but still good. I bumped the weight on t-bar since rows were lighter. These were good, but could have gone heavier. The drop set was really hard. It still felt real heavy.

I decided to do OHP today, and it was good. I'll mix this in more often. Rear delt kind of sucked. Couldn't tell if it was really working anything. Perhaps too heavy, or a form issue.  Hammer curls were good. Bi's getting stronger and close grip bench myo-rep style was really good. Liking this
exercise a lot.

Overall a really good higher rep/volume WO.  Next upper I'll try to keep everything "heavy" again. This workout puts a cap on 7 WO's in 8 days. Time for a day off.  Need to plan out the rest of this week, keeping in mind I want to work out at Fitness First this Sat and Sun. It's just a much better gym to get solid WO's in, especially for anything lower and/or heavy.

Nutrition:
I weighed 179.6 this morning. That's down almost a pound and I ate a LOT yesterday. Feeling good about that.  Good nutrition day.  I had a HUGE sushi dinner out with Sarah tonight. Great place and it certainly made for a high carb day.  Good thing I've really hit gym hard 3 days straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment