Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thu 2/14 - Lower (Great WO/RDL)

Workout: (Fitness First)
(RDL)135w/u,225x8,275x7,7,7,7 (5) great! Rep PR @ 275lbs.
(LegPress)6plates 4x12 good
(70#RollingShrugs)4x10
(90#LegExtension)3x15
(50#Legcurl)3x15
(80#Crunch)25/+8,8,8,8 Weight bump
(BallPike)3x12
57 mins
+10 w/u + 10 c/d = 77mins

RDL was really good today after not really done the exercise for a while because of my back. I'm pretty sure this was a rep PR at 275lbs and I know I could have easily gone heavier. This shows that doing heavy deadlift is definitely not a requirement for every lower WO to make progress. Leg press was good and I supersetted with rolling shrugs. I think these were a bit too heavy. I'll go lighter next time so I can really squeeze and hold at the contraction.

For the first time I was really able to get quality leg extensions and leg curls as a combo. These felt really good, with leg extensions really burning. 15 reps might have been too many. 12 might have been better.  I bumped the weight on crunches and these were good. Think I'll bump again next WO.  The heavy crunches followed up with the ball pike is still a great combo.

AWESOME lower workout! This is what I was hoping for on Sunday.  Really happy with every exercise today except shrugs as noted.

Nutrition:
Weighed 179.2 this morning. Good nutrition day and then a cheat meal for dinner. Sarah and I had a great dinner at a local Thai place. It's less than a mile from my house, so this could be dangerous.  Awesome food!  This is how I've got to handle cheat days...by having a good meal, not going completely going off the rails and taking several steps backward. Weekend will be tough with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment