Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sun 2/17 - GBR Lower (Awesome!)

This was the 3rd straight awesome WO in a row! Two of them were lower body, which is my weaker half.  Yesterday I wrote that I was going to do a light hypertrophy upper-body WO today. What the hell was I thinking when I wrote that? No need to follow up a great "heavy" upper WO with more upper work.  Anyway...

Workout: (Fitness First)
(Squat)135x10,155x10,185x8,205x5x2 (5) Awesome! Knees felt good for 1st time!
(LegPress)6plates 3x12
(205#SLDL)4x10 Weight bump - Very good
(70#RollingShrugs)3x8
(95#LegExtension)3x12 Weight bump
(55#LegCurl)3x15 Weight bump
(85#Crunch)25/+6,6,6,6 Weight bump - good
(TortureTwist)16/+6,6,6,6

Squats were AWESOME today!  This was the first time I squatted with a weight belt.  My workout as written had light squats at 3x10, just to get some squating in. First set felt pretty good so I just kept going up from there. It wasn't that I went very "heavy" on squats, but my knees for the first time EVER actually felt pretty darn good during squats. I was so happy about this and I was going to 1 or 2 more sets, but decided I shouldn't press my luck and still had a full lower workout ahead.  Very pleased with this.

Leg press was good, but after the 2nd set I got the pain behind my left knee again. I stretched and that seemed to really help and the pain subsided. I bumped the weight on SLDL and these were really good. I could go heavier, but I just don't think there's really a need on these, and no need to risk lower back strain.  I kept rolling shrugs w/ 70#DB's even though I felt they were a bit heavy last WO. I just reduced reps to 8 and tried to focus on form (e.g. not just shrugging up a bunch of weight).

I bumped up the weight by 5#'s on both leg curl and extensions and this combo was good again. Starting to feel like I'm actually getting into a little groove on lower WO's. I bumped the weight up on weighted crunches and did torture twists today instead of swiss ball pikes. The last to mini-sets of twists were tough on my back and I should have stopped.  Again, no need to risk back strain.

Overall just a great lower workout for me. That's two in a row.  Awesome!

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.6 this morning. That's pretty damn good after a Fri and Sat night with the kids.  Pretty good nutrition day. I was hungry all day after today's WO, so I ate more than I have been, but kept it "clean".



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 257 204 40   2,236
Calories 1028 817 357   2,203
Percent 47% 37% 16% `

No comments:

Post a Comment