Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sun 2/10 - GBR Lower

Workout: (Fitness First)
(135#Squat)4x10
(185#SLDL)4x10 Too light - Good
(6PlateLegPress)2x12 Left knee
(65#RollingShrugs)4x10 Good
(80#LegExtension)4x15 Very good
(75#Crunch)25/+8,8,8,8 Good
(BallPike)15,12,15
48 mins
+10 w/u + 15 c/d = 73mins total

This was to be my first real lower workout since hurting my back. I did one lower WO and some circuits with squats/leg press, but not a good heavy lower WO. I was planning on starting with heavy leg press, but some guy was on the machine with about 12 plates and I didn't want to try to work in with him. I also didn't want to wait, so I did squats. My knees just don't handle these well so I went light with high(ish) reps. These weren't "hard", but were hard on my knees.  I supersetted with SLDL and these were OK, but too light. I guess that's a good sign though. I could've bumped the weight, but didn't want to press my back too much (also why I didn't do heavy RDL today).

The leg press machine opened up so I was going to do a few sets. After 2 sets the back of my left knee really started bothering me, so I stopped there. I supersetted with rolling DB shrugs and these were really good today.  You know it's not a great WO though when DB shrugs are the first exercise that really felt good.

Leg extension were good and after 4 sets of these my quads were really burning. I tried to do leg/hamstring curls, but it just wasn't happening with the pain behind my left knee. Weighted crunches were really good today. Ball pikes were tough. I didn't the 2nd set with short rest and they got real tough, real fast.  Again, crunch/pike combo is really good.

Overall, a decent WO, but not what I was hoping for out of my first real lower WO in a while. Normal w/u + c/d.

Nutrition:
I weighed 182.2 this morning. Good nutrition today until going out for Thai food with Sarah and her parents after helping them move some furniture.  Oh, and then a big heaping portion of Sweet Frog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment