Monday, February 4, 2013

Mon 2/4 - Full Body Complexes - AWESOME!

Workout: Full Body Complexes (Small Sprint Gym)
(25#SquatPress)5x25
(120#RevGripPulldown)5x20
(105#Bench)5x25
(90#SeatedRow)5x20
(45#DBSwing)5x20
8 mins/circuit (6mins working + 2 min rest) 5 times
40mins + 5min TM c/d = 45 mins

This was an awesome freaking WO! I wasn't sure what to do today because my legs, surprisingly, are still really sore from my last lower WO. Also, next time I do lower, I want to do it at FF or the large Sprint gym and I didn't have time for that today.  So, pressed for time, but really wanting to work out, I decided to do a series of complexes.

I wanted to try to get a series that had a horizontal push/pull, vertical push/pull, quad dominant and glute dominant exercise. I think I accomplished this fairly well (pulling this routine out of my ass, BTW).

I came up with the circuit above and only really had to adjust the weight on seated rows (dropped weight from 105 to 90 lbs).  Bench could have been a little heavier and kept to 20 reps instead of 25.  I could only get 15-20 shoulder presses on the squat press and finished the remainder of squats just holding the DB's at shoulder level.  The circuit took 6 minutes to go through moving from one exercise to the next w/ only a few seconds to catch my breath, and then I rested for 2 minutes (8mins total). I completed 5 circuits in exactly 40 minutes,plus 5 mins c/d on the treadmill for 45 mins total. Absolutely loved this workout.  It was pretty brutal, but will do it again.  Great WO plus shower in exactly 1 hour.  Perfect.

Nutrition:
I weighed 185.2 this morning. I actually dropped weight from yesterday even after pigging out at Sarah's house for the super bowl.  Weight is still WAY too high though. Really took a couple steps back this weekend.  Got back to the cut today and had a good nutrition day.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 228 79 27   1,492
  Calories 910 318 246   1,474
  Percent 62% 22% 17% `

No comments:

Post a Comment