Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thu 2/7 - FB Circuit

Workout: Full Body Circuit (Small Sprint Gym)
(225#LegPress)4x20
(120#Bench)2x25, 135#x2x20 (4)
(120#RevGripPulldown)4x20
(45#DBSwing)4x20
(75#ShoulderPress)4x20
(TortureTwis)4x1min
33mins
+10 w/u + 16 c/d = 59mins

This was another great circuit workout! It always amazes me how trying something a little new/different once in a while can be such a breath of fresh air and help keep workouts exciting. I still love the heavy work, but these are a nice metabolic change of pace, and they are just brutal from a cardio and pure muscle fatigue standpoint.

Leg press was a good weight. I increased the weight for bench from last WO, but it still wasn't heavy enough so after 2 sets, I increased the weight and it was better (but tough!). Now I know why the last circuit WO I put DB swings last.  They are freaking brutal and it was hard to catch my breath and jump right into shoulder press.  I don't really like the shoulder press machine at the small sprint gym, so I might swap in something else next time, or simply leave shoulders out.  Torture twists were really hard after the first 2 rounds.  Barely was able to do 60 seconds.

I thought I'd do 5 circuits like the last WO, but I only got through 4.  This one was harder and each circuit was taking me a little longer to complete, which cut down on rest to keep them at 8 minutes per circuit. That caught up with me.  Regardless, 4 circuits was still one hell of a workout in a short amount of time.

Treadmill w/u 10 mins + 4 circuits in 33 mins (8min,8min,9min,8min=33total) + 16 c/d = total 59mins.

Nutrition:
I weighed 178.4 this morning. Nice. Cramping in my calves has started again.  Gotta be due to the cut and low carbs because this happened last time I cut too.  Another good nutrition day.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 240 74 28   1,519
  Calories 960 297 252   1,510
  Percent 64% 20% 17% `

No comments:

Post a Comment