Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sun 2/24 - GBR Lower (DL)

Workout: (Fitness First)
(DeadLift)225x8,275x7,7,295x6,6 Great - PR!
(LegPress)8plates 4x10 Weight bump - great!
(70#RollingShrugs)3x10 Good
(95#LegExtension)3x12
(60#LegCurl)3x12
(90#Crunch)25/+6,6,6,6 Weight bump
(BallPike)12/+5,5,5,5
50 min
+12 w/u + 15 c/d = 77mins total

Deadlift was really good today and I'm pretty sure 295#"s for reps is a PR. It felt heavy, but could have gone heavier. I want to work to where I'm building up to a top set of about 3-4.  But, I want to do this cautiously and keep my back safe.  There was someone on the leg press machine and he had 8 plates on. I've been meaning to bump the weight on these, so I just worked in with him. These were good and the weight wasn't a problem, though I did have to work. Leg definitely getting stronger. I supersetted leg press with rolling shrugs which were easier (and more reps) than last WO.  I had SLDL written in for the WO, but decided heavy dead lifts was more than enough stress on lower back for the day so I skipped them.

Leg extension/leg curl combo was good and I bumped the weight on leg curls.  I bumped the weight on crunches and the crunch + ball pike was a good combo again. I did ball pikes myo-rep style today and liked it.

Another great lower workout (for me). Starting to get legs in shape to a point where I can really just now start working them hard.  Good stuff.

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.2 this morning. That's pretty damn good after a mountain of sushi and big eating yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment