Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tue 3/18 - Legs & Back

Workout: LA Fitness
(185#BOR)5x8
(185#RDL)5x8
BOR/RDL superset was brutal
(6PlLegPress)4x15
(190#PullDn)3x8
(Crunch)3x12
(40#LegExt)2x10
(55#LegCurl)2x10
(40#Curl)12,8,30x10
(25#RDelt)2x10,10#x12
54 mins + 5 w/u = 59 mins

WO after work w/ Sarah. We did much the same WO as Saturday w/ legs & back. I went a lot heavier on bent over rows tonight, and this was freakin brutal supersetting real heavy rows with RDL. This is a row weight that I think my best was probably 4x10 and we did 5 sets supersetted with romanian deadlifts with short rests between sets. Wow. Will keep doing this! Then we went right to the leg press and did 4 sets. First set or two weren't bad, but I was working hard the last couple reps on the last 2 sets. Sarah sandbagged the first set or two and then bumped up the weight :)  28 minutes into the WO here, and it was already a lot of work.

We went to pulldowns and each of us had to drop weight for the 3rd set due to the BOR/RDL combo already really taxing the back. We supersetted these with some crunches/core work.  Next we did 2 sets each of leg extensions (quads) and leg curls (hams). Finished up the workout with some biceps and rear delts.

This WO was done in just under an hour. We packed a lot into those 60 minutes.  Great WO!

Nutrition:
I weighed 188.0 this morning. Holy crap this is the heaviest I've been in a long time. It's a lot of water because I ate a LOT of carbs late last night, but still heavier than I want to be. A little disappointed in myself for letting Sun/Mon get away from me after keeping it together Fri/Sat. Anyway, I'm not in a huge rush to get lean, but I want to be w/in shooting distance by the time it gets warm and don't want to have to cut too hard and lose a bunch of LBM.

No comments:

Post a Comment