Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sat 3/15 - Lower & Back

Workout: LA Fitness 
(135#BOR)5x10
(185#RDL)5x10 Awesome superset with BOR and RDL
(6PlLegPress)3x15
(190#PullDn)2x8
(175#RevGripPull)2x8
(10#T-Twist)4x15
(40#LegExt)3x10
(80#SeatRow)3x8
(LegRaise)3x15
(55#LegCurl)2x10 Yowza! Hard. Not fun.
(40#Curl)2x10
(25#RDelt)2x10,10#2x10
78 mins + 10 w/u = 88 mins

Picked Sarah up and got to the gym at 8am when it opened. We finally tried the bent-over-row & romanian dead lift superset I've wanted to try. We didn't go real heavy, because you can't on this superset. Felt good. Was only planning on doing 4 sets, but liked it a lot so we did 5. Will do these again and try to go a little heavier. I was surprised that even by the 5th set, I was able to get the rows w/o a problem. Back is stronger. Where I felt it was on the RDL's. Lower back by 4th adn 5th set was shot. I had to stretch it out a bit before starting leg press. We hadn't done legs in a LONG time so I wanted to take it real easy here. I started w/ 2 plates, then 4 plates and ended up doing working sets with 6 plates. Heavier than I thought I'd go and was surprised this didn't feel harder.

Pulldowns were fine. We did 2 sets of overhand and 2 sets of underhand grip. Supersetted these with torture twists which we hadn't done in a while. They felt good and I'd like to do them more often, they're just a pain to get set up at this gym.  Then we did leg extensions. Left knee was a bit bothersome, but ok.

We did seated rows combo'd with leg raises. I had to drop the weight on seated rows from earlier back work. Sarah did the same (I think). I also dropped reps on leg raises. Probably because we'd already done 4 sets of t-twists. Been a tough WO so far. Sarah had the bright idea that since we were doing legs and did leg extensions, we should probably do hamstring curls. Damnit. She was right, of course. I only did 2 sets of these. They were not comfortable. Hamstrings were cramping. Glad we did these, but damn it shows we haven't done them in a while.

Finished up the WO w/ some bicep and delt work.  Very good WO. I wish my shoulder and pec were feeling good enough to do a push WO today and saved this one for tomorrow when I plan on doing a refeed, since today was pretty much full body (upper and lower). Hope I'm able to move around later when the boys and I play paintball. :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 182.0 this morning. A little surprised I didn't drop more this week, but this is good. I don't want to drop too quickly and lose a lot of the strength I've gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment