Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sun 3/30 - Push (Deload)

Workout: LA Fitness
(DBInc)75x8,70x10,10,8
(135#Dec)4x10
(20#CableFly)3x12
(40#IsoShldr)4x10
(145#Fly)4x12
(80#PushDn)3x10
(10#T-Twist)3x15
(25#Rope)3x12
(10#RDelt)3x10
(58#RopeExt)2x10
(10#LDelt)312
(Crunch)3x10
72 mins + 10 w/u = 82 mins

Morning WO w/ Sarah. This was our first push deload WO. Plan was to do about 80% of normal working weights and not go to failure (e.g. leave at least 1-2 reps in the tank). Thank goodness this was a planned deload. Warming up for incline, everything felt heavy. Thursday's heavy push WO was still in my chest and tri's. I started with 70#'s and it felt fairly easy, so my ego got the best of me and I grabbed 75#'s for the 2nd set. Realized that was a bit too heavy for today, I wisely dropped back to 70# DB's. Didn't go to failure, but definitely didn't leave 2 in the tank on the last set. Was smart enought not to push the last set to 10 reps though. Good work. Stimulated, rather than obliterated, the muscle :)  Sarah seemed to do really well with this deload and stayed away from failure..better than I did anyway.

Next we did decline bench. These felt good, and didn't bother my shoulder too bad with the lighter weight. We both really like decline, so we did 4 sets instead of the planned 3.  Then we did cable fly's. These felt really good. Can only do these when the gym isn't real crowded, but will try to do them more frequently. Shoulder press was good. By the 4th set, I didn't have 2 in the tank though...maybe 1. Lighter chest fly's on the peck deck were good and they didn't bother my R shoulder very much.  Felt great getting in a fair amount of chest volume without significant pain.

We finished up the WO with a couple triceps exercises, delts and some abs. Really good WO. Good volume (maybe too much for a true deload), but the lighter weights really felt good. Glad we did this and will do another before building back up. My shoulders really needed this, and the volume felt really good on for chest. 

Nutrition:
I weighed 186.6 this morning. Sushi and sweet frog today on top of a bunch of cereal. I didn't go too crazy though. I really don't want to end up above 190#'s. The cut is going to be long/tough enough w/o adding too much more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment