Monday, March 3, 2014

Mon 3/3 - Upper

Workout: Golds
(80#Inc)8,8,8,8 Very nice
(65#SeatRow)4x9
(75#Bench)10,10
(45#IncFly)2x9
(155#PullDn)3x8
(85#OHTri)2x10
(20#LDelt)2x10
(90#IsoRow)3x10
(30#Rope)3x12
(210#Crunch)3x10
(40#Curl)2x10
(10#RDelt)3x10
67 min + 10 w/u = 77 mins

Had a great weekend skiing at Liberty with Gregg, Hayden, Elena and Sarah. Was feeling a little beat up this morning and we had a snow storm last night and I was feeling like sitting on the couch working and relaxing all day, but also really wanted to work out after having the weekend "off". Because of the snow, LA Fitness was closed, but our stand-by Golds was open so we worked out there today.

Incline went really well. I used 80#'s and got 4x8 w/ good controlled form. This matches my PR from last bulking cycle and it wasn't a killer. I've definitely gotten stronger this cycle. Nice progress. Seated rows felt good. This machine at Golds is REALLY smooth. Bench was good and my shoulders felt OK. I wanted to do another set or two, but shoulder is feeling pretty good and didn't want to do anything to change that so I did 2 sets of incline fly's. Bumped up the weight on these and they were really good. Sarah did 4 sets of barbell bench.

Pulldowns were good. The DB's are different than at LA fitness and they didn't feel very comfortable for overhead tri's so we just did 2 sets. My favorite iso row machine is here at Golds, so we took advantage of that and did 3 sets. Finished up w/ some abs, delt and curls. Sarah did t-twist instead of curls. My lower back was a bit sore, so I swapped them out. I went heavier on crunches than I've ever gone here so abs are getting stronger too. Nice.

Very good WO. It's a little difficult to judge the weights at a different gym and while using different equipment. For example, the incline is set steeper here than at LA Fitness, pulldown machine weights are different, etc. But, we got some really good work in today, and I'm very glad given what I weighed this morning...

Nutrition:

I weighed 188.0 this morning. I didn't eat terribly over the weekend and know I burned a lot of cals skiing, but weight was so high this am. Probably mainly due to eating sushi late last night and then a huge bowl of froyo right before bed. I should stabilize back down w/in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment