Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sat 3/22 - Pull Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(185#BOR)4x8
(185#RDL)4x8
Great BOR/RDL superset
(190#PullDn)3x8
(150#RevPull)3x10
(85#BBCurl)9,8,65x12,2
(SeatRow)80x10,10,65x10,10
(30#IncCurl)3x12
(25#RDelt)3x10
(Crunch/KneeCrunch)20,15,15 Great ab superset
(90#IsoRow)3x12
(10#RDelt)2x10
77 mins + 8 w/u = 85 mins

Was solo today. Started with what's quickly become my favorite combo, heavy bent over row supersetted w/ Romanian deadlift. Love these, but they're a bitchif the rows are heavy enough. Heavy rows makes what would otherwise be an easy RDL feel fairly tough with no rest. Pulldowns were OK, but these and seated rows are really tough after starting with the BOR/RDL combo. I did 3 sets regular pulldowns, lightened the load and did 3 more sets of reverse grip pulldowns. That's a lot of back work at less than 30 minutes into the WO.

I decided I'd try some higher volume bicep work if my left elbow would allow it. For barbell curls I did 2 heavy sets and 2 lighter sets. Felt good. Then I did seated rows for 2 heavy, 2 lighter. Followed that with more curls. This time incline DB curls. I wanted these at least 10 reps and got 3x12. Felt really good and my L elbow wasn't too terribly bad. I supersetted the inc curls w/ heavy rear delt fly's.

For abs I did crunches on the decline bench and supersetted them with knee crunches to really hammer the lower abs. This was an awesome superset. Will do this again. Finished up the WO with 3 sets of Iso Rows and 2 sets of lighter rear delt fly's.  One other thing I did today was a little bit of bench work between a couple of exercises. I did 3 sets, 1 w/ 95#'s and 2 w/ 115#'s. This is VERY light weight and still bothered my L elbow and R shoulder a bit. But, I just tried to focus on perfect form to see if I can somehow start building back up to be able to bench w/ a barbell. Going to be along road.

Anyway, awesome workout. Some real good heavy work and lots of volume for both back and bi's. I was going to do some leg press, but knees didn't feel great and I'd already done legs 2x this week and no need to push things too frequently there yet.

Nutrition:
I weighed 184.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment