Monday, March 17, 2014

Sun 3/16 - Push

Workout: LA Fitness
(85#DBInc)7,7,7,8 Very good
(70#DBInc)12,10
(50#IsoShldr)8,8,8,7
(45#IncFly)2x10
(160#PeckDeck)3x10
(85#OHTri)10,7
(30#FDelt)2x12
(65#RopeExt)2x10
(10#RDelt)2x12
(30#Rope)2x12
(10#LDetl)2x10
(100#Crunch)12,12,10
90 mins + 15 w/u = 105 mins

Sarah and I went to the gym early morning again for a push day. We warmed up for a bit longer this AM because I was feeling stiff and wanted to get good and warm before what I hoped was going to be a real good push day. The last push day was Thurs and I was hoping with an extra day of recovery I would be feeling great. I wanted to give 90#DB's a go today. I realized during warm ups that wasn't going to happen. Light weights were feeling like working weights. Probably because I didn't get a lot of sleep the last 2 nights.

Anyway, incline went really well. It didn't feel easy, and I wasn't able to attempt 90's, but did get 4 really good heavy sets. I don't think I've ever gotten better than 4x7 w/ this weight and today I got 8 reps on the last set. I can't call this a rep PR though, because I wasn't really pausing these reps. Followed that up with 2 back-off sets that were great.

We were going to do OHP, but both of us are dealing with troublesome shoulders and the racks were taken so we did a hammer strength shoulder press machine. First set really bothered my R shoulder and I told Sarah I was done. Then I decided to try another set, and I changed my sitting position so I was sitting more upright. The machine has it set up as almost a very steep incline. Anyway, I ended up liking it and we did 4 sets. We both tried bench. Sarah gave up 4-5 reps into hers, I tried 1 rep and stopped, grabbed what should be really light DB's (60#'s), did a rep or two and dropped them. My shoulder just wasn't having any of it.

Next I did incline fly's and peck deck. Loving the peck deck machine.  Finished off the WO with a bunch of tri and delt work and 3 sets of heavy crunches.  Not quite the WO I'd hoped for, but some really good work.

Nutrition:
I weighed 185.6 this morning. Ate a lot of carbs (froyo and 6 bowls of cereal) last night after dinner so I was really bloated this morning...and heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment