Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sun 3/9 - Upper (Great Incline)

Sat 3/8 - Rest (in Winchester for a workshop most of the day)
I weighed 183.6 this morning.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 239 327 27  2,508
Calories 956 1308 245  2,509
Percent 38% 52% 10% `

Sun 3/9 - Upper
Workout: LA Fitness
(85#Inc)7,7,7,7,6 Great
(88#SeatRow)4x8,65x10 Good

(LegRaise)3x20
(45#IncFly)3x10
(190#PullDn)3x8,120x10 Weight bump
(58#RopeExt)4x10 Loved this new movement

(25#RDelt)3x10
(40#Curl)2x10
(20#LDelt)2x10
(115#IsoRow)3x10
(100#Crunch)2x10
(30#Rope)15/+5,5,5,5
85 min + 10 w/u = 95 mins

Sarah and I went to the gym in the am. We went a bit late because of the time change. Since last WO I didn't go heavy on incline, I wanted to try to go heavy and get a fair amount of volume. I wrote down 85#s for 5x6 on the WO. I normally try to do sets of 7 reps with this weight, but I've never done 5 sets so I thought 5x6 would still be really tough. Firt set I did 7 and it felt good so I decided to just keep going and see how long I could maintain. I got 4x7 (which I've done before once) and 5th set could only get 6, but I am very happy with that. Good effort. Sarah did a good job w/ 40#DB's for 5 sets.

I kept it heavy on seated rows today and did 4 heavy sets instead of 3. Combo'd these with leg raises and did sets of 20 instead of 15. I did incline fly's while sarah did BB bench again. I'm hoping switching to fly's will save my shoulders. I've also cut out decline for the time being until they feel better. Fly's felt really good again. Sarah bumped weight on bench, got 10 reps her first set (huge PR) and then was disappointed that she bumped up weight but didn't also beat reps from a lower weight.  She's a tough sell on how these things work :)

I bumped up the weight on pulldowns and they felt good. 3rd set I was definitely struggling to get last couple of reps though.  Today for tri's instead of overhead tri extensions w/ a DB, we did them with a rope on the pulley. This was the firt time I've done them and they were GREAT! I don't know if they work quite as well as DB's for me going really heavy, but they are so much easier on my shoulders and lower back. These will stay in frequent rotation. Sarah liked them too.

We finished the workout with some accessory work. I threw in a couple heavy sets of iso rows too while Sarah was doind abs and PT work. Awesome WO. Time for some sushi at a place not as good as Dolce :(

Oh yeah, if you notice legs/lower has been absent from the WO log, that's got to change. Gotta get back to work on my knee and some leg press and dead lifting.

Nutrition:
I weighed 183.0 this morning. Planning on eating a lot today to fuel and recover from the heavy workload today.

No comments:

Post a Comment