Friday, July 19, 2013

Fri 7/19 - GBR Upper

Workout: Fitness First
(80#DBInc)7,7,7,7 Awesome

(90#T-bar)4x12
(60#DBInc)3x10
(90#IsoRow)3x10
(25#Lat/RearDelt)3x10/10
(40#Curl)3x10
(165#CableCrunch)3x12
(KneeCrunch)3x15
(150#TriPushDn)12,10,8
50 mins + 14 w/u + 8 c/d = 72 mins total

I didn't know what to expect after a long week with very little sleep and only one light workout. I had some medium weights written in, but warmup felt good so I went ahead and jumped back in where I left off last good upper WO.  Glad I did.

DB incline was really good and I was able to get 4x7 where last WO (which was a good one) I failed on the last rep. Very pleased with this. T-bar was good, but I should have gone heavier. These high reps were a lot of work though by the 3rd set.(16mins). I had BB bench written in, but decided to get some more volume on incline, so dropped the weight and did 3 more sets. Felt really good. I did iso rows which I haven't done in a while and these got hard quickly as well.(11/27mins).

My right shoulder was pretty painful during warmups, so instead of doing shoulder press as planned, it did lateral/front delt combo, mixed with curls. I had pullups written in here, but I did one and pullup and realized back was shot already. No use in repping out a few pullups so I cut them. (11/38mins). Finished up with some core/ab work (8/46mins) and some tri pushdowns (4/50mins).

Really pleased with this WO considering lack of sleep this week and all associated work stress. I did hit a wall fairly quickly during the WO, but was really happy to see my top end strength hadn't dropped like I thought it would.  I guess it was all that eating I did this week :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 183.6 this morning. Lost control a bit this week, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment