Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thu 7/11 - GBR Upper

Workout: Large Sprint Gym
(75#DBIncline)7,7,7,7,8 Great!

(Pullups)4x8 V. Good
(40#IncFly)3x9
(135#SmithBOR)3x12 V. Good
(RearDelt)3x10
(25#FrontDelt)3x10
(20#LatDelt)3x10
(Dips)20,15 V. Good
(40#Curls)2x10
42 mins + 10 w/u + 12 c/d = 64 mins total

After very little sleep this week, I tried to get up this morning and head to the gym before a very busy day. Didn't happen. But, I did get away to the large Sprint gym just after lunch time. I hadn't been there in months.  DB's only go up to 75#'s at the gym, so I started w/ that for incline.

Incline was absolutely great with 75#'s. I did 5 really good working sets and altough I enjoy heavier work, this rep/set range really felt good. Sometimes I think trying to as heavy as possible sacrifices form (and obviously volume). I think I do better on a little bit higher volume. Pullups were great. They just felt easy and my shoulders were going above the bar on every rep.(17mins)

Incline fly's were good, but glad I stuck w/ 40#'s. Chest was worked well already. BOR's on the smith machine were great. Really felt it good in my back. I'll have to do these more often and the higher reps felt good.(11/28mins).

I did the triple-set of rear/front/lateral delts. I used to do this all the time but switched to more pressing for shoulders. These felt great and are easier on my shoulders.  Will do more often.(8/36mins). Finished up with 2 sets of dips and curls. Dips felt great and 20 reps on first set felt great. Really worked 2nd set on the last 3-5.(6/42mins).

I wasn't expecting a lot out of this WO, but it turned out to be really good.  I'll have to remember to check the ego at the door now and then and use lighter weight on bench/incline and just focus on form.

Nutrition:
I weighed 177.6 this morning. That's good because I took the kids for dinner to an Italian joint and ate a bunch of pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment