Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tue 1/1 - GBR Upper

Workout: (Fitness First)
(135#Incline)4x10 Good
(90#IsoLatRow)4x12 very good
(135#Bench)12,12,14 great
(CloseGripPullups)3x6
(50#IsoLatShldr)4x10
(35#IncFly)3x10 great
(70#OHTriExt)2x10
(25#Lat/RearDelt)2x10/12
(120#TriPushdn)12/+5,5,5
(30#HammerCurl)15/+5,5,5 great
57mins

Incline was solid and I don't think I could have gotten up another rep on the last set. Need to think about bumping up weight slightly here and work back to 4x10. Bumped up weight on Iso Lat Rows again and these were great.  Love this machine.  Bench was good and I got 14 reps the 3rd set. Definitely need to bump the weight here and work to 3x10-12.

I decided to "treat" myself to pullups today, being the new year and all. They hurt my elbows, but it gelt good doing them again.  Plus, my WO schedule the last couple of weeks with doing two types of rows on upper days and deadlifts on lower days has been too much strain on my lower back I think.

I bumped up the weight on iso lateral shoulder press and did 4 sets.  The last 2 reps of the 4th set were only partial reps, but I'm loving this machine as well.  I'm going to miss being able to use the iso lat row and shoulder machines now that I'll be back working out at the sprint gym again after Christmas break.  I also bumped up weight on incline flye's and did 3 sets.  The bump here was long overdue and these felt really good.

Tri's and shoulders were well worked from all the pressing and 4 sets of shoulder press, so I only did 2 sets of OH tri's and delts (in a triple set).  Shoulders are getting stonger now that I'm putting more work into them.  Since I only did 2 sets of OH tri's, I did a myo-rep set of tri pushdowns.  Finished off the WO with myo-rep set of curls.  These felt great! I'll have to remember to do myo-reps for these instead of straight sets.  I warmed up (5mins) and cooled down (15mins) on the treadmill for a total of 20 mins.

Overall a great WO!  Bumped up weight/reps on several lifts and what a way to start the new year!  Very happy and feel blessed to be where I'm at today in many aspects of my life.

Nutrition:
I weighed 185.4 this morning.  Time to reign it back in and get down to mid 170's.

No comments:

Post a Comment