Friday, January 18, 2013

Fri 1/18 - Upper (modified for back)

Workout: (Sprint Gym)
(SmithIncline)135x15,155x10,8,8,8 (5) Very good
(155#SmithBench)3x10 good
(ShldrPress)3x10
(Fly)3x10
(RearDelt)3x10
(35#FrontDelt)3x10
(115#TriExt)20/+6,6,6 Good machine
(30#HammerCurl)16/+5,5,5 Great
52mins

I went to the doctor and the PT for my back today. The doc recommended rest and not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs.The PT worked on my back with deep massage and then hooked me up to electric stimulation and a heat pad. He also showed me some stretched. My back felt a little better after that, so I went to the gym. I stayed away from back work and did what I could.

I stuck with Smith BB for incline and bench because getting heavy dumbbells in place puts strain on my back.  Both incline and bench were really good and I didn't go too heavy.  For the other exercises, I stuck to machines instead of free weights for back stability.  Fly's felt really good and and I really liked the triceps extension machine. It's very similar to the OH tri extensions I do with a DB, but less back stress. 

I did front delt raises with a 35# plate. I haven't done these in forever and they felt really good.  Curls felt really good today, for whatever reason.

Overall, a decent WO given what I was able to do. My back is obviously going to hamper both upper and lower WO's until it gets better.

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.4 this morning.  Because of the doc, PT and gym, I didn't eat my first meal until 3:30 today. It's going to be tough to get protein macros in for the day.  Fairly good nutrition day except for reliance on protein shakes late at night.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 205 48 27   1,247
  Calories 819 193 239   1,250
  Percent 65% 15% 19% `

No comments:

Post a Comment