Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sat 1/12 - Lower (Great RDL!)

Workout: (Fitness First)
(RDL)225x8,275x6,6,6,295x6 Great! PR!
(LegPress)6Plates-12,12,12,15 Good
(185#SLDL)3x10
(60#Shrugs)3x12 Good
(TortureTwist)30/+10,10,10 3mins
(70#LegExtensions)3x20
(35#Dips)7,7,10
54mins
+w/u,c/d of 22 mins=76mins total

GREAT RDL today! Warmed up with 135#s. 225 felt a little heavy so I didn't know what to expect on heavier sets, but they just seemed to get better. A couple weeks ago when I tried 300#'s, my grip failed and I didn't quite get 2 reps. Today I got 6 good reps at 295#'s.  Good progress!

Leg press was good and added reps on last set. Had to push the last rep pretty hard. Paired these with SLDL and I should have stopped after two sets of these. My lower back was getting really tight and it's been kind of bothering me all day today.  I may have to mix up RDL and SLDL and not do them on the same day when going heavy.  Too much strain on the lower back.

I lowered the weight on shrugs today and did what I'll call "rolling shrugs". Instead of just contracting the traps up and down, I really concentrated on rolling the shoulders back, squeezing, and then up.  These were really good and worked better with the lighter weight, but better form.  Torture twists were good and totaled 3mins.

I've been getting 3x15 dips and don't want reps that high, so I held a 35#DB between my legs today. 3rd set I just did AMRAP and was happy with getting 10. I alternated dips with high rep leg extensions.  These burned and were good. No knee "snappage" like a couple weeks ago.

I warmed up and cooled down on the treadmill.  Great WO! Very pleased, especially with RDL. Wish lower back wasn't tweaked though.

Nutrition:
I weighed 183.4 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment