Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sat 1/26 - Lower (limited)

Workout: (Fitness First)
(225#RDL)10,8,8,8
(LegPress)6plates-4x12
(65#RollingShrugs)3x12
(90#LegExtensions)3x15
(40#Dips)8,8,10 very good
40mins
+11 w/u + 15 c/d on TM=66mins

My back was feeling pretty good this morning so I decided to try a light lower workout. Deadlifts were OK, but back started bothering me a little more each set, and squats were definitely not in the cards.  Leg press was pretty good, but could feel it in my back even doing these.  I supersetted rolling shrugs with leg press and these were really good again. MUCH better than "regular" shrugs.

I had GHR and abs written in for this WO, but skipped them because of my back. I supersetted leg extensions (which were OK) with weighted dips (very good!) and that was that.

Not a great WO, but really wanted to get a lower WO in, so I guess it serverd its purpose.  My back still isn't healed, so I'll just have to see how it feels over the next couple of days.  Certainly not deadlifting reps with 300lbs again anytime real soon.  Warmed up and cooled down on the treadmill for a combined 26mins. I hate the treadmill.

Nutrition:
I weighed 178.0 this morning. That's down again from yesterday even with some extra carbs yesterday, so I felt good about that.  Had a good nutrition day and then went to dinner at a vegan/veggie place in Chantilly with Sarah. Pigged out on some great dishes and had a big bowl of frozen yogurt later.  Needed the refeed/diet break.  Back at it tomorrow.  Need to start getting some runs in because, a)I could use them, and b)my knees seem to be feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment