Monday, March 26, 2018

Sat 3/24 - Pull Day - Great weighted pull-ups!

Workout: Snap Fitness
(25#Pullups)9,9,10
(145#BOR)4x8
(130#PullDn)10,9
(60#EZCurl)10,30Hx9,15Hx15
(15#RDelt)2x10
(CaptChair)3x10
(Band)2x12
(Crunch)2x12

50 + 8 = 58 mins

Pull day. Got to the gym a little before Sarah this morning and warmed up and was ready to go. Since I had a few minutes I decided to try a muscle up. I haven't done/tried one in a long time. First attempt I got above the pull-up handles, but couldn't convert, mainly because I'm not used to the movement I think. Tried again and got it. Getting above the bar wasn't hard, but the transition to the dip is awkward and it's a power/strength movement, but it's also technical and I don't have the practice. Anyway, strained my left trap pretty bad and thought my WO for the day might be done. I stretched and worked it out by the time Sarah showed up and was good to go.

We started with weighted pull-ups and I went 9,9,10! Very pleased. Dropping weight has surely helped, but means strength is still there, or improving. Next we did bent over rows for 4 sets. These got heavy quickly after pull-ups, but felt good. Then we did close grip pulldowns for 2 sets with 3 sets of curls. Back was done by the 2nd set of these.  Curls were 1 set EZ bar curls, then a set of hammer curls with drop set of hammer curls.

Next we did rear delt fly's with leg raises in the Captain's Chair. Finished up with some band pulls and crunches.  Great WO! Feeling good. Going to be hard not to eat a lot today :)

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 170.4 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment