Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sat 11/1 - Lower (Deadlift again, finally)

Workout: LA Fitness
(Deadlift)225x3,275x3,325x3,1,1,1,1,2,2,2 - Very nice after long layoff
(LegPress)6Plx15,8Plx12,10Plx10,10
(LegRaise)4x15
(55#LegExt)12,12,15
43 mins + 10 w/u = 53 mins

I haven't been able to deadlift for several weeks due to my left glute issue, but really wanted a decent lower WO today. Specifically, I wanted to deadlift because I'd been making great progress prior to the injury. I warmed up with 135#'s, 225#'s and 275#'s and then did working sets at 325#'s. The 3rd rep on first working set was tough and bothered my glute so I just decided to do singles after that. Singles felt great and I they felt easier as I did them. I began reducing rest time between reps/sets from 2 mins to 90 seconds to under a minute. Continued to feel great so I started doing doubles with static holds after the 2nd rep. Not necessarily the 2-3 sets of 3-5 I was hoping for, but I got the volume in, and then some. Awesome work. Very pleased after a month or more layoff from deadlifting. I can definitely feel pain in my glute right now and it's difficult to sit comfortably, so I'm not over this injury.

Leg press felt really good and 10 plates didn't feel overwhelmingly heavy. I supersetted leg raises in the capt. chair with these. Finished up with some leg extensions.  Only a couple movements, but with the volume and weight on deadlift and leg press, it was a great WO. I fought the temptation to add some chest/shoulder/tri work because I want to hit another upper body WO tomorrow to make it 3 times this week.

Nutrition:
I weighed 176.2 this morning. I've been eating 3,200-3,400 calories a day and weight has dropped slightly. Not what I'm trying to do. Weight needs to be increasing right now so I guess I'll have to eat more. I think adding some fat (almonds, peanut butter) will do the trick. I'm eating plenty of carbs and protein for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment