Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tue 11/18 - Pull (Massive Deadlift PR!)

Workout: LA Fitness
(DeadLift)225x5,275x3,325x2,345x3,365x2,2,2,2,2,275x10 - Awesome work with these heavy doubles!
(130#SeatRow)3x10
(30#Pallof)3x10
(175#RevPullDn)3x10,145X10
(Dips)2x15

47 mins + 7 w/u = 54 mins

I hadn't done deadlifts in a while and being away last weekend messed up my schedule and I didn't get to do them so I did them today. I warmed up with some mobility work then started with 135x10 and worked up from there to what I thought would be working sets at 345#'s. I did a triple there and it felt easy so I added weight and did 5 doubles at 365#'s. I don't think I've ever pulled 365#'s for a single, let alone a bunch of doubles. Then I did a backoff set at 275#"s for 10 reps. The 275 was brutal for high reps after the doubles. Awesome work. I'm starting to learn that I don't need a ton of frequency in deadlifting to progress. Very different than chest where I need a ton of volume to grow and make progress.

Next I did seated rows (a bit lighter than last WO since it was after DL's) supersetted with Pallof Presses. The rows felt good after DL's. Then I did reverse grip pulldowns supersetted with a couple sets of dips. Surprisingly the dips weren't very easy so it was probably a good thing I didn't do a push WO today because I don't think my body was ready for one.  My back was on fire and pumped at the end of this WO. I didn't really intend for it to be a pull WO, but that's where it ended up and it was great! Sarah and I are planning on going to the gym tomorrow morning at 5am, so I'm planning on eating a lot tonight because I won't have time for a big meal before the WO tomorrow.

Nutrition:
I weighed 177.6 this morning. Planning on continuing bulk through Thanksgiving and then think I'll run a cycle of RFL to shed a couple of the pounds I've put on and go right back to bulk calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment