Friday, November 14, 2014

Fri 11/14 - Pull Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(135#SeatRow)4x10,105x12
(100#CableCrunch)4x10
(205#VBarPull)3x8,145x10,10
(DBCurl)40x8,8,30x12,10
(RDeltFly)115x10,100x10,10
(Dips)20,15,15

42 mins + 8 w/u = 50 mins

Up long before the sun for an early morning WO before travelling to Richmond this weekend later today. Not a lot of time because a ton of work to get done before leaving, so WO was short but intense.  Seated rows were really good. Felt it in my back. Did 1 drop set and paused at contraction. Supersetted cable crunches with these.  4 sets heavy v-bar pulldowns with two backoff sets, again sqeezing/pausing at contraction. Supersetted standing DB curls. 2 heavy sets, 2 lighter sets.  Finished with rear delt fly's and dips for some extra triceps work. Tri's are getting stronger with the extra volume here and there added in. Dips felt great!  Fantastic WO. When my WO's need to be shorter, I focus better on the main movements and don't worry, nor spend as much time, on accessories. I think I hit the main movements harder this way because I don't have to "save" anything for later in the WO. Good lesson.

Reminds me of Coach Labazzetta.  One practice he says "This one's going to be SBS.  Owens, do you know what that means?".  I reply, confused, "Super BullShit?".  Coach replies, flabbergasted, "No, OWENS! It's Short But Sweet.".  :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 177.2 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment