Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wed 11/19 - Upper (w/ Sarah)

Workout: LA Fitness
(85#Inc)9,8,7,7 (31/32)
(175#PullDn)3x10
(30#Pallof)3x10/10
(60#DBShldr)8,6,45x10
(InvertRow)3x12
(135#ChestPress)11,11,8
(65#RopeExt)4x11
(15#DecCrunch)20,18,18
(20#IncCableFly)10,10,15x10
(100#RDeltFly)13,10,9

76 + 12 w/u = 88 mins

Sarah and I got up at 4am to get to the gym at 5am for a WO. Not a lot of sleep, but loved working out w/ Sarah this morning. I lost a rep on incline this morning. Not thrilled about that, but I'm guessing body just isn't used to waking up and hitting heavy weights. Still good pressing, but even warmup sets felt heavy. Heavy WO last night probably contributed as well.  Pulldowns were good. I did them with a fairly narrow grip and got good activation. We supersetted pulldowns with Pallof presses.

DB shoulder press didn't go great. First set was good, but 2nd set I stopped after 6. Thought I'd get 7 but my R shoulder just kind of caved and I didn't want to do any more heavy pressing. Dropped to 45#DB's and did a good set of 10. Inverted rows were good. Hadn't done these in a while. we wanted to do decline, but the bench was out of commission. I wanted some more chest volume though, so we did machine chest press. I bumped the weight here from last time I did it and it felt good.

Next we supersetted rope extensions with decline crunches. No one was in one of the cable stations and there was a portable bench nearby, so I set it up for incline cable fly's. Been wanting to try these. Didn't think a whole lot of them. I can see where there might be better pec activation compared to DB's, but it's difficult to get the station free and the setup takes a bit of time. Not sold on them for the effort involved. Sarah went to shower and I did some rear delt fly's to finish the
WO.

Decent WO. Not great, but they can't all be fantastic. What made it great was working out w/ my partner again.

Nutrition:

I weighed 178.4 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment