Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tue 11/25 - Push Day (work gym)

Workout: Work Gym
(75#Inc)12,11,10 (33/32)
(50#DBShldr)10,9,9,9 (37/40)
(65#Inc)9,8
(75#OHTri)12,10,10 (32/30)
(10#Crunch)20,15,15
(48#Rope)15,13,12
(20#LDelt)3x12
(50#RDeltFly)2x10

54 + 8 w/u = 62 mins

Went over to the gym at work today. Incline was good. I matched my rep PR with this weight. That's good, but I'd like to be beating it. I didn't go super heavy on DB shoulder press, but this was great. Was planning on 3 sets, but was rolling along so I did a 4th set. R shoulder a bit wonky. Raised angle on incline and toward the end of the 1st set my R shoulder started hurting fairly bad. I was going to drop the weight or skip the 2nd set, but went ahead with it and same deal. R shoulder pain. Starting to pick up those nagging injuries (shoulder, elbow, wrists) after pushing hard for a lot of weeks straight w/o a break.

Overhead tri extensions were really good. Supersetted with crunches.  Finished up with rope extensions, lateral delt work and some rear delt work. Rear delt work is  really important even though this was a push day as it helps w/ shoulder stability and hopefully keeps muscle imbalances away.  Good WO. Pleased. Going to have to be really cautious over the next 5-6 days. I'll be off work and my tendency will be to use that time to hammer it in the gym every day. That would be stupid.

Nutrition:
I weighed 176.6 this morning. Down over 7 pounds from Sunday. Mostly water, but had to reign things in before Thanksgiving so doing a quick couple day cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment