Friday, November 7, 2014

Fri 11/7 - Push Day (work gym)

Workout: Work Gym
(60#DBShldr)10,9,9,8 (36/32 - smashed goal)
(10#T-twist)4x16
(75#Inc)10,10,8 (28/30)
(65#Inc)10,9 (19/20 - yet again)
(75#OHTri)12,10,9,9
(25#LDelt)3x8
(40#IncFly)10,9,9
(25#Crunch)3x10/10
(73#PushDn)11,9,53x10

65 + 10 w/u = 75 mins

Decided to start with shoulder press today and see how 60#DB's went when fresh. It went awesome! Last WO I got 29 reps from 4 sets out of a goal of 32 reps. Today I got 36 reps! Have to factor in the last WO I'd already done incline, but I was still surprised by this. I supersetted these with torture twists.

I did incline next and had a goal of 30 reps. I wanted to do 1-2 warmup sets here so I grabbed 55#DB's and my R shoulder felt really unstable and painful. I stopped right away and did some more mobility work (dislocates) with the strap and some light stretching. I did two warmup sets and my shoulder felt better, but not "normal". Anyway, incline went well. Pushed hard.  Increased the angle of incline and got my standard 19 reps w/ 65#DB's. I can't get over that damn hump!

Overhead triceps extenstions were feeling good, so I did a 4th set. I supersetted these with lateral delt raises. Next were incline fly's. I wasn't sure how my shoulder would handle these, so I promised myself if I felt a lot of pain, I'd stop. They felt OK, a little tingle in my R shoulder, so I did 3 good sets. I supersetted these with weighted crunches. Finished off the WO with two sets of tri pushdowns and a drop set of pushdowns with the rope.  Really good WO for being at the work gym. It worked out well to do heavy shoulder press first at this gym since DB's only go to 75#'s, which is heavy enough for incline as the 2nd movement.

Nutrition: 
I weighed 178.2 this morning. Weight is coming up now :)  Have to be careful here to not let it start ballooning fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment