Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sun 1/5 - Pull Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(185#BOR)5x8 Good - felt REALLY heavy today
(135#BOR)2x10
(160#Pulldown)5x8
(90#IsoRow)3x10
(40#IncCurl)9,8,8
(65#SeatRow)2x10
(145#RevGripPull)4x10
(HangLegRaise)4x10 Good - real high raises
(10#RDelt)4x12
(85#BBCurl)7,7,6
(Crunch)12,12,10
(Bicycle)60
96 mins + 10 w/u = 106 mins

Sarah and I started with bent over rows and 185#'s felt heavy as hell today. Much heavier than last WO. I think RDL's were still in my back from Friday. They were still good, but had to us a little more body english than I'd like. The drop sets at 135 felt great.(19mins). Pulldowns were good. Have to get back to some pullups, plus I'd like to see where Sarah stands on them now that we've been doing a fair amount of back/pull work the last couple weeks. We used the iso row machine at LA Fitness today, and I just don't like how it feels very much (golds is better), so we did 2 sets of seated rows after these. I went too heavy, and Sarah pointed out that I was leaning back too much (good partner). We supersetted incline curls w/ the iso rows. These were good, but heavy. 

Reverse grip pulldowns were good and I supersetted with hanging leg raises. Abs are getting stronger and did raises really high and controlled. Hell on my shoulders and elbows though. I did rear delts standing w/ 10# plates again. These seem to hit 'em well. Supersetted with heavy barbell curls. I should switch these earlier in the routing every other WO.  Finished up w/ crunches, alternating one leg raised at a time and finished off the abs with 60 bicycles. These really finish them off and burn lower abs.

Another really good WO. Not as pleased with BOR today, but got the job done.

Sarah and I took a few videos in the gym today. Sarah's back is getting pretty defined. I showed her the video and she was impressed. Glad to see what we are doing is working for her and she also seems to be enjoying working out with me a lot. She's a good partner, but I have to give her a bit of a hard time now and then when she pouts if she misses reps in a set. :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 175.2 this morning. Ate a lot today to help recover (build) from the last 3 big WO's Fri-Sun. Didn't want weight dropping so low this morning. I may have over compensated today with sushi, a fair amount of eating and then shrimp stir fry at Sarah's w/ her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment