Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wed 1/22 - Push (WO 1 of 2 today - DB Inc)

Workout: LA Fitness
(75#DBInc_P)8,8,8,7,6 Awesome
(65#DBInc_P)8,8,7

(65#DBBench_P)8,8,6
(155#DecCGBP)3x8
(15#CableFly)3x10
(10#LatDelt)4x12
(73#PushDn)10,10,8
(25#Rope)3x10
60 mins + 12 w/u = 72 mins

Was planning on going to the gym this morning, but Sarah wanted to work out this evening after work and I enjoy working out with her so I decided to put my Pull WO on hold until later this evening.  But, I was really itching to get into the gym after taking yesterday off, so I went to the gym this morning anyway. Plan was to just do a light Push stimulation WO...keep sets minimal and don't push anything real hard.

Well, I suck at sticking to a plan when it calls for taking it easy.  I started with incline and it felt good. Plan was for 2 heavy sets at 75#'s. I did 5 instead. I beat my prior reps through 3 sets from last WO, so I kept going, then dropped weight and did 3 more sets for 8 total for incline. Felt AWESOME. Loving this paused pressing because I can't really cheat at all so I know exactly where I stand from WO to WO. Next was DB bench. Perhaps I should have gone a little lighter. I noticed that I wasn't really keeping my shoulders packed later in the sets here. Still good work.

I lightened the weight on decline close grip bench today because I didn't have a spot. I did 3x8 and it felt decent.  Next I supersetted cable fly's and lateral delts. I didn't do OHP today because I didn't want to go overboard. This was supposed to be a "light stimulation" WO after all.  Finished up the WO with some heavy pushdowns followed by lighter rope pushdowns.  I really liked this combo better than just using the rope by themselves.

Great incline today. Really pleased, especially because I could've really used another day rest before pushing again.  This WO was also a good length as it was done in an hour (plus time for warmup).  Up next is pull WO with Sarah in a couple of hours. Hope I'll have enough energy for it.

Nutrition:
I weighed 181.8 this morning. Gotta eat a lot today because I'm heading back to the gym in a couple hours for that pull WO w/ Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment