Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tue 1/14 - Push Day (more paused incline)

Mon 1/13 - Rest day
I weighed 181.6 this morning. Good nutrition. Cals a bit lower after a lot of eating Sat/Sun and no WO today.
 


Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 218 386 27  2,675
Calories 873 1544 242  2,659
Percent 33% 58% 9% `

Tue 1/14 - Push Day
Workout: LA Fitness
(125#OHP)4x5
(95#OHP)10,9 Great heavy/ligth combo again
(75#DBInc)8,8
(60#DBInc_P)4x8 Awesome paused reps!

(175#DecCGBP)8,7,6,145x11,7 Wt. bump, then died on 5th set
(35#IncFly)3x10 Very good tonight
(10#LatDelt)4x10
(30#FrontDelt)3x8
(35#Rope)4x10
(LegRaise)3x12
PT
80mins + 10 w/u + 14 PT = 104 mins

Waited for Sarah to get home from work and we went to the gym for a push WO. OHP was good. I only had 3x5 heavy written in, but did 4 heavy sets followed by 2 lighter sets (same reps as last WO). First heavy set felt easy and I thought about bumping the weight. Glad I didn't 3rd and 4th set got HEAVY. "Heavy" incline was good, but had to work hard for last rep. Then I did paused incline. Started with 65#'s and got 8, but really worked. I wanted to try to get 8 reps across, and that wasn't going to happen w/ 65#'s, so I dropped to 60#'s. These felt AWESOME. Only had 3 sets written in, but did 4. I had 2 sets of flat bench written in, but scrapped that with all the OHP and incline volume.

Sarah and I both bumped weight on CGBP tonight (she also bumped on OHP). I did 3 heavy sets, but wanted more volume so dropped the weight for 2 more sets. First lighter set was great, but I completely died on the 2nd. Only got 7 reps and Sarah had to yank it up. Incline fly's felt really good tonight, so I added a 3rd set.

Finished up the WO with delt work, rope pushdowns and leg raises. We normally superset leg raises with CGBP, but gym was crowded and that didn't happen. I was spent, and getting hungry, and kinda grumpy. Sarah asked if we were going to do PT and I said "I'm done". But, we'd talked about committing to doing our PT again starting this week, so we went and did it. Glad she said something because I wasn't going to do it. Felt a little bad I was getting grumpy toward the end of the WO. I was tired, hungry and had a splitting headache. I'll have to apologize for that.

Despite that last bit of grumpiness, it was a great WO.

Nutrition:

I weighed 178.4 this morning. Not used to working out late in the evening like that, and I'm having to force a bunch of food in late tonight to meet calorie requirements. Not that I mind eating a bunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment