Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sun 1/12 - Lower/Back/Core

Workout: (LA Fitness)
(RDL)185x8,225x4,245x8,265x8,8,8 Great, PR!
(LegPress)4PLx25,25,25,25
(Pullups)3x8
(145#Pulldown)2x10
(50#SeatRow)3x12
(LegRaise)4x10
(T-twist)15,15,12,10
(175#Crunch)4x10
(Bicycle)4x20
(85#BBCurl)3x8
88mins

Sarah and I went to the gym this morning and my legs were still feeling our lower WO from earlier in the week (my legs take FOREVER to recover lately). So, I thought we'd do a couple sets each of RDL and leg press, then we wanted to do a few pullups to see where Sarah stood. We'd just been doing pulldowns for a few weeks, so wanted a "checkpoint". So basically, MY plan was for today to not be TOO TERRIBLy taxing. 

RDL's started good and I bumped up the weight to 265#'s. I'd never been this heavy on RDL and I got 3 sets of 8. Could've gone heavier.  Very nice. Next we did leg press and I warmed up with 2 plates. First couple of reps felt like they were going to crater me. Then I rememered I didn't do any kind of warmup on the treadmill like I normally do on leg days. After a few reps, I started to loosen up and it felt better. I stuck with 4 plates and did real high reps and kept form real strict (no hand assists). These were brutal. It's not a lot of weight, but high reps is a killer. Sarah also did less weight than normal and I think she felt the same way.

Ok, so we grabbed a chair for Sarah so she could reach the pullup bar and off she went. 3 full range of motion body weight pullups. When we started I don't think she could do one. She did 3-4 sets of 3 reps. Great work for her. Very happy to see her hard work pay off. It's a big deal to do body weight pullups. I did 3x8 easy to save the elbows. After pullups we did 2 sets of pulldowns for some more volume for Sarah. Then we did 3 sets of seated rows.

This WO had become a killer already. Basically a full body WO, less the pressing.  Up next was a devilish little core circuit I wrote up this morning. It turned out to be great, but really brutal.  We did 4 circuits of Leg Raise, Torture-Twists, Cable Crunch, Bicycle's. We finished the WO off w/ some
heavy barbell curls.

Awesome WO. Very pleased with RDL. Very impressed w/ Sarah's progression, and it was nice to see what we're doing working. Plus, I could tell she was happy. Big smiles after pullups :)

Nutrition:

I weighed 177.8 this morning which isn't bad considering lunch out w/ the boys and big sushi dinner. Going to be eating a lot today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment