Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wed 7/11 - Back/Shoulders/Bi's

A lot going on at work today, so I went into work real early to get a few things done and get my WO in before the day got out of hand.  No cardio this morning because of that.  Probably a good thing to give the knee a rest day anyway.

Workout:
  • (210#CloseLatPulldown/50#Military)4
  • (120#SeatedRow/120#MilPress/80#Curl)4
  • (15#RearDelt/LateralDelt/25#FrontDelt)4
  • (150#RevGripPullown/25#HammerCurls)2
  • (135#LatPulldown/20#HammerCurls)2
  • (40#BentOverRows/40#Shrugs)4
60mins
Back: 16
Shoulders: 24
Bi's: 8
Core: 0
Total: 48 sets

 WOW, great workout today! Warmed up with 2 sets of lat pulldowns. Even without pullups, this may have been my best back/shoulder workout yet.  For whatever reason, I could really feel my back muscles fatigue and work. Normally, my back does fail (obviously), but it felt different in a really good way today.

Close grip lat pulldowns were really good.  I like doing these heavy.  I used straps today and liked them, but wasted time messing with them until I got comfortable with them.  Did a good drop set on last set of pulldowns. I got a really good burn from military dumbbells today even with low reps (5-8).  I was going to do drop sets on military, but didn't feel I needed it after the burn I was already getting.  This is a tough superset with both being heavy and working a lot of muscles.

I did seated rows with the rope and really squeezed shoulders together.  Did double drop set on rows to 90#s & 60#s - really feeling a pump in my back for the first time.  Did straight bar curls with pully & did drop set to 50#s last set.  This really works bi's differently than dumbbell curls and I liked it a lot. Tough superset.

I switched up the order again on shoulders, starting with rear delts and will keep doing that to hit different heads first.  Brutal as always.

Started reverse grip pulldowns and back REALLY feeling it.  Was planning on doing 4 sets of this, but switched it up to 2&2 (regular pulldowns) because 2 was enough.  I would've had to drop the weight too much to get any reps with more sets.  Bi's are struggling with 25#s hammer curls (good thing).

Did 2 sets of lat pulldowns with a double drop set to 105#s & 90#s. Dropped to 20#'s on curls.  Bi's were fried.

Did bent over rows with dumbells and used straps.  Good thing because forearms and grip dead with this combo. Couldn't have held the weight during last reps of shrugs otherwise. I liked these rows and this combination. Was always kind of looking for what to superset with shrugs and I may have found it.

Nutrition:
About right on target.  Problem is, I've been right about on target for a while and weight has basically remained the same.  It means one of or a combination of a couple of things:
  • I've plateaued and body is fighting dropping further
  • I'm miscalculating (under-calculating) calories/macros
  • I've over-estimated my maintenance calorie requirements
  • I'm adding muscle and still losing fat (ie. looking/feeling leaner, scale just isn't moving)
  • My plan just isn't working
Regardless, I'm keeping with IF for a while and sticking to my plan and cycling carbs/calories.  I'm feeling great and eating very healthy (and eating plenty of food).  I'll give it more time before I really restrict calories further.
 
TOTALS: Grams 207 174 29  1,764
Calories 830 694 265  1,789
Percent 46% 39% 15% 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment