Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sun 7/29 - Cardio & Week Recap

Cardio:
  • Walked 41 mins at 2PM before breaking fast
Not much else to report other than went to the gun show again today, but took Joe F. along with me.  We had fun.

Nutrition:
Another pretty good day.  Didn't mean to break fast so late, but went to gun show and then ran some errands.  Wanted to walk before eating to take advantage of that fat burning time late in the fast (if that actually makes a difference is questionable in my mind, at least the size of the difference).

Sun Time Item Size Prot Carb Fat Cal
7/29/2012 6AM BCAA 5g


2PM 40 min walk.



2:30PM Whey Shake W1 1 scoop 30 4 1 140
2:30PM Creatine 5g


2:30PM Steak Strips (Costco) 3oz 19 2 6 130
2:30PM Tuna (7oz can) 5.5oz 44 0 2 193
2:30PM Brown Rice 3.5oz 2 23 1 109
4:30PM Carrots 2oz 0.6 5.4 0 24
6PM Broccoli 4oz 2.8 8 0 40
6PM Tuna (7oz can) 5.5oz 44 0 2 193
6PM Banana 1 Xsmall 1 19 0 72
9PM Whey Protein W2 1 scoop 25 3 3 140
9PM Casein Shake C2 1 scoop 24 3 1 130
All Day Almonds .5oz 3 3 8 83







TOTALS: Grams 195 70 23  1,253

Calories 782 280 207  1,269
Percent 62% 22% 16% 100%

Week Ending 7/15/12:
Another really good week.  2 runs, 3 WO's, 1 double.  I only did one double and 2 runs this week because I'm trying to give my knees (especially left) one a break.  All three workouts were excellent and had the best week of chest WO's yet I think.  That's mainly because I did lost of sets of incline one day (10) and lots of sets of barbell bench (8) after heavy guillotine the other day.  I focused on those core movements instead of mixing up a lot of ancillary movements.  I should keep doing this.  Perhaps work that in for back as well, though I do like to hit the back fairly evenly with several core movements.

Regarding my weight, I ended the week this morning at 164.6.  This is the lowest I've been.  Intermittent Fasting (IF) is really working for me.  I dropped 12 pounds this week (after adding as many in 4 days in Williamsburg).  When I was there, I was ~165 on my Mom's scale, but it's one of the twisting dial one's so I'm not sure how reliable it was...though when there before bulking up, I was noticeably lean.  Now I'm noticeably leaner.  Veins really coming out in abdomen.

All that said, I don't know if IF is what's really working or if it's a matter of my diet being VERY clean and keeping carbs/cals low and cycling them on WO/non-WO days.  Maybe I'd be doing just as well with 6 small meals a day with same food spread differently.  Maybe...but this is working for me so I'm sticking with it for a while longer.  It's also nice to be able to eat a good sized meal and feel pretty good and full during a couple of meals rather than wanting for more after every meal.  My body has adjusted to the eating window and I only have brief periods of hunger (mid-morning and sometimes late evening).  Those periods pass rather quickly.  I do need to keep an eye on my caffeine intake.  It suppresses my appetite and fills me up, but not good for me.  My IF protocol has moved from 16/8 (16-hour fast/8-hour eating window) to more like 18/6 this week.  

The question I need to address in the next couple of weeks is how much longer I cut.  If I continue to cut, I'll lose muscle.  The re-feed last week in Williamsburg was great and it tells me I can do that as a break and get back down quickly.  I was afraid the 12 pounds I put on would take me several weeks to take off.  I think I'll plan on 2 more weeks of IF and strict/clean diet, see where I am and then another re-feed.  I'm planning on going to PA on August 17 which is almost 3 weeks away.  That might be a good time for a re-feed.

Up this week is similar to this past week with hopefully an extra run or two and/or maybe some more doubles with walking.  My WO schedule would have me doing 2 back/shoulder/bi workouts and 1 chest/tri WO, but I feel like my chest is lagging behind back, so I might do same split as this week (2 chest/tri WO's).  OR, I've been toying with the idea of doing a week or two of full upper body WO's.  Just stick to core exercises and see how that goes for a change of pace and a bit of shock to the body.  I guess I'll decide tomorrow morning.

I've babbled on far too long and it's getting late.  Goodnight Mom! :)  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment