Thursday, February 13, 2020

Wed 2/12/20 - Full Body (Squat) - Pivot Week

Garage Gym
(BoxSquat16"312)135x6,145x6,155x6
(HighIncline)95x8,115x8,125x8,135x8
(RDL)135x12,185x12,205x12
(StepUp)3x8
(SealRow)40x12,12,12
(Crunch)3x10

49 + 6 = 55 mins

First evening workout with Taryn, Sarah and Salem all in the gym!

The is s a pivot week. It's meant to be a bit of a de-load week as well as to transition to different lift variations. Variations won't be drastic, but I'm going to do less flat benching because it was starting to bother my shoulder.  Likely more of an issue with me overshooting RPE than the exercise itself, but either way, I've got to get it under control before it gets any worse.

Most everything was supposed to be 3 sets working up to a top set at RPE9. For the most part I only worked up to PRE8-8.5 because I was starting to feel fairly beat up and really wanted to dial it back a bit. Started with box squats for 3 sets. The top set felt more challenging for a single set than multiple sets last week. Next was high angle incline. We moved it up 1 notch from normal. These felt pretty good. I'm not sure if I'll keep these in, or swap out to OHP because the other main pressing movement is low angle incline and I enjoy OHP.  Next we did RDL's for sets of 12 with step ups.  My right knee felt better on step ups than on Sunday.  We finished up with seal rows and ab work. Pretty quick workout because there wasn't much volume, but still solid work.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 191.6 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment