Monday, December 16, 2019

Sun 12/15/19 - Full Body (Deadlift) - Bday Workout

Garage Gym
(BlockDeadlift)205x5,235x5,5,265x5,5
(Incline)145x6,155x6,160x6,6,6,6
(Stepup5")4x6
(SpanishSquat)3x10
(1-ArmDBBench)40x6,50x6,60x6,6,6

76 + 6 = 82 mins

Warmed up with wall sit 2x30 seconds. Started with block deadlifts. I don't have blocks, and I have a slanted garage, so using stacked plywood pieces isn't an option. I stacked some cardboard which seemed to work well enough for today. This will compress over time and it's hard to add/remove weight with the cardboard because when the weight is on it, the edges flare up some. Anyway, I didn't want to go very heavy since this was first time in a while not doing SLDL. Felt good. Next we did incline working up to 3 sets at RPE8. Solid. We did step-ups with this and these are starting to feel better.  We finished up with 1-arm DB bench and Spanish squats.  Both were pretty good. 1-Arm DB press definitely highlighted the weakness in my right shoulder.  Solid b'day workout.  Missed not doing the birthday pull-up challenge, but I'm too heavy to make a serious effort at it, especially with my elbow tendinopathy.  I'll get 'em next year!

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 195.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment