Thursday, April 6, 2023

Wed 4/5/23 - Lower

Garage Gym
(GobletSquat)30x10,40x10,45x10,50x10,10
(HangKneeRaise)4x12
(SeatedGoodMorning)10x12,12,15x12,12
(Plank)4x40
(SplitSquatHold)3x5
(Crunch)3x12
(HingeSquat)4"x20,20
(SquatHold)3x30

58 mins

Lower workouts have been all about trying to make small improvements in quad strength and knee stability rather than getting my barbell squat numbers higher. I'm enjoying the change and knees are feeling good.  I started with barefoot goblet squats and having knee raises. Next were seated good mornings and planks.  Slowly adding weight to the good mornings and while these aren't "hard", I'm doing them facing an incline bench and I can barely get my chest to the pad.  The goal is to get chest down on a flat bench, so it's as much or more a flexibility movement than increasing strength.  Although lower back strength should improve as well.

Next were split squat holds (5 seconds) on a 12" box and crunches.  These are getting better and goal is to reduce the height of the box as I progress.  Next were single leg hinge squats for high reps.  Last week as 1.5-3" height (45# bumper), this week I did 4" (45 + 25 bumpers).  Finished up with 30 second knees over toes squat holds.  Quads were burning on these short holds after all the previous work.  Solid lower/core WO.

Nutrition/Weight:
179.0

No comments:

Post a Comment