Friday, April 28, 2023

Thu 4/27/23 - Lower

Garage Gym
(GobletSquat)20x20,20,20
(HangKneeRaise)3x15
(SeatedGM)25x12,12,12
(Plank)3x45
(SplitSquat)5"x5,5,5
(CableCrunch)50x15,15,15
(HingeSquat)8"x20,20

46 mins

Started with goblet squats and knee raises. Quads STILL sore from squats on Sunday, and I have a 5-hour race on Saturday, so I went lighter today and kept to 3 sets. Still felt like work.  I'm keeping at the hanging knee raises because I think they're on "OK" core movement, but it also makes me hang on the bar for about 45 seconds/set so I don't have to add that in later.  Next I did seated good mornings and planks. Still not 100% sold on the seated good mornings, but they do seem to work muscles I don't normally work, and coincidentally or not, I haven't had any low back pain in a couple weeks.  Next I did split squats and cable crunches. I lowered split squats to ~5" (2x45# bumpers) and they felt pretty good, left knee was more challenged with the lower depth.  I did weighted crunches for the first time n probably about a decade. They bother my elbows holding the rope, and I need to go heavier, but still liked them.  I get a different feeling from these than lying crunches.  Finished up with hinge squats at 8" (3x45# bumper).  Solid WO.


Nutrition/Weight:
179.2

No comments:

Post a Comment