Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wed 2/26 - Pull

Workout: LA Fitness
(35#Pullups)8,7
(225#RDL)2x8,275x8
(65#SeatRow)4x10
(LegRaise)15,15,12,12
(150#PullDn)4x8
(Crunch)3x10
(70#BBCurl)3x10
(10#RDelt)3x10
(90#IsoRow)4x12
(70#Shrug)10,8
(50#BackShrug)2x10
68 mins + 10 w/u = 78 mins

Sarah and I hit the gym after work for a pull WO. Weighted pullups were decent, but 2nd set really bothered my L elbow. Sarah got frustrated w/ number of reps. We hadn't done RDL in a while so I wanted to hit a couple sets tonight. Only did 1 heavy set. Sarah had some grip issues. OK, 2 "heavy" movements out of the way (not entirely successfully) and into the meat of the WO next.

Seated rows were good, but I actually lightened the load for last 2 sets. Pullups and RDL took a bit out of me apparently. Supersetted leg raises which felt good tonight. Pulldowns were good, but started to get pretty heavy last 2 sets. Supersetted lying crunches. Wanted to do t-twists here, but someone was using the steps we normally use for them.  To give back a quick rest we did curls and rear delts, then hit the iso row machine. Wanted to superset some more abs here, but again, equipment was being used. Sarah wanted to superset leg press, but they were used and she was too short for the hack squat machines. That was just kind of how the workout went tonight. Some decent work, some frustration Sarah's part w/ first 2 movements, frustration on my part w/ equipment availability.

We were going to finish off the WO w/ some more core work, but I had just had it. I grabbed some DB's and did shrugs while Sarah did some ab work. I actually liked what I'm calling "back shrugs".  Basically a shouler shrug, but bent over at the waste a little so it's more an upper back shrug instead of straight up and down with the shoulders.  Decent WO. Some good work in there, but it was just kind of overshadowed by a few frustrating things and Sarah and I just didn't have the normal light-hearted chemistry working. They can't all be great.

Nutrition:
I weighed 184.0 this morning.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 240 221 29  2,083
  Calories 959 884 260  2,103
  Percent 46% 42% 12% `

No comments:

Post a Comment