Friday, February 14, 2014

Thu 2/13 - Upper (pull focus)

Workout: Golds
(135#PullDn)4x9
(60#Inc)15,15,14,10
(70#T-bar)4x10
(40#IncFly)2x10
(70#IsoRow)3x12
(LegPress)1.5PL,3x50
(195#Crunch)12,10
(140#PushDon)2x12
(10#T-twist)2x10
64 min + 8 w/u = 72mins

We got 16+ inches of snow last night but amazingly, the streets were really clear. Sarah and I went to LA Fitness, but the parking lot was still covered and it was closed, so we went to Golds for our WO.  My R shoulder is in pretty bad shape, so wasn't sure what we were going to do today. We started with pulldowns (Sarah did 2 sets pullups). I did them wide grip, lying back as per usual lately. Felt good. I wanted to do a little pressing, so we did incline and both kept it on the light side. I did 60#'s and tried to make  sure I only let my upper arms come down to parallel w/ the floor. This didn't seem like a large ROM (range of motion), but it kept tension on the pecs the entire movement. This form, plus high reps resulted in an unbelievable pump/burn. I'll keep this form for now for less stress on my shoulder, and use it frequently even when it's better. It felt really good.

Next we did t-bar rows (LA Fitness doesn't have one of these). Felt OK. Then we were going to do cable fly's, but it was too much on my left elbow (I'm falling apart). I did DB fly's and Sarah stared at her pecs as she did cable fly's in front of the mirror :) She loves this exercise. I still love the Iso Row machine at Golds so we did 3 sets of that and supersetted it with leg press. We hadn't done leg press in a couple weeks so we kept the weights light. I did sets of 50 reps and my legs were absolute jello after these. It also showed that my cardio sucks right now because I was huffing and puffing big time.

Finished up with abs and some tri work.  This WO wasn't long, but damn it was some good work with not a lot of fluff.

Nutrition:

I weighed 184.2 this morning. Almost time to start stripping off some fat.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 235 457 49  3,183
  Calories 941 1828 439  3,208
  Percent 29% 57% 14% `

No comments:

Post a Comment