Monday, February 17, 2014

Mon 2/17 - Upper

Workout: LA Fitness
(75#Inc)4x8,70x10
(57#SeatRow)5x10
(LegRaise)4x12
(45#Fly)10,8,8
(130#PullDn)4x10
(SeatedDips)2x12
(OHTri)75#x12,80#x9,8
(40#Curls)3x10
(LDelt)2x15
72 min + 10 w/u = 82mins

Sarah and I went to the gym this morning for the 3rd straight upper WO. We started w/ incline and I went lighter (yesterday was a heavy push day). I did reps only to parallel rather than really deep paused reps. I almost feel like these are "cheat reps", but they're not. The ROM is shorter, but the tension stays on the pec and they become very difficult. I started w/ 70#'s and it felt light so I bumped to 75 and did 4 more sets there.  Good work.

Seated rows were good and we got some video of both Sarah and I. We supersetted leg raises here. I'd like to start working abs into the routines earlier rather than always doing them if we have time and/or when we're already pretty spent from a hard WO.  Next I did flat bench fly's and Sarah did barbell bench. Fly's were good and I bumped up the weight today. Next we did pulldowns and they were good. So far, WO had been really good.

Instead of doing decline close grip bench for tri work, I decided we'd do the seated dip machine so there'd be a little less pressing and strain on my shoulder. Of course, dips aren't exactly easy on the shoulders, but hoped the different pressing ROM would be easier on the joint. Part way through, I forgot that I'd wanted to superset these with curls. This is where the WO took a turn for the ugly. Combine miscommunication and two stubborn people and you get a WO that blows up. I moved to overhead tri extensions and did 3 sets. I don't think I've ever done 80# DB's for this movement, but 75#'s felt easy. Really good work here. I did superset them w/ curls which felt good too.  But, the WO was done a tad early at this point.  It was an unfortunate situation/argument that I feel bad about. I acted like a child.  We kissed and made up, ended up having a good open conversation and some good came out of a bad situation.

Nutrition:
I weighed 185.6 this morning. Time for a mini-cut. Nothing too drastic yet.  I'm going to be heavy and bloated tomorrow, so I'll cut to maintenance cals for a few days and see where I stabilize.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 232 476 59  3,339
  Calories 928 1904 527  3,360
  Percent 28% 57% 16% `

No comments:

Post a Comment