Monday, February 17, 2014

Sun 2/16 - Push Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(85#DBInc)7,7,7
(65#DBInc)9,9
(105#OHP)7,7,6
(165#DecCGBP)10,9,7
(40#IncFly)12,10
(80#PushDn)10,9
(30#Rope)12/+5,5,5
(10#RDelt)15,12
50 mins + 10 w/u = 60 mins

Sarah and I went to the gym early this morning because Griffen and Kane were wrestling in the regional tournament nearby and were planning on going after the WO. We needed to keep it "short", but we wanted a good WO too so we kept the intensity up and didn't fart around.

Incline was good. We did 3 heavy sets and then 2 lighter sets. My heavy sets were paused and lighter sets were shorter ROM, trying to only come to arms parallel with the ground. These lighter one's start of feeling pretty easy, but due to the ROM it keeps all tension on the pecs and they become brutally difficult quickly.  Sarah worked hard on these too and it affected our OHP. We both went lighter than normal and still had a hard time keeping reps across sets. Still good work though. Not a lot of rest.

Sarah had a great decline session. Me, not so much. My first set I hit the safety catches on the way up on 2nd rep and almost lost the weight. It's hard to control the bar if it gets knocked out of normal bar path when using a close grip. I tried a couple more reps and racked the weight. It was also bothering my R shoulder, so I lowered the weight and still struggled a bit w/ 165. Still worked hard though :)  Next Sarah did barbell bench and I did incline fly's (to save shoulder). These actually felt great today. Gotta bump to 45#'s.

We finished up the WO with some pushdowns and rear delts (for shoulder health). As coach Labazetta used to say, SBS.  Short but sweet.  Good WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 184.0 this morning. Ate a lot late at night so weight is going to be high in the AM despite being where I wanted/needed to be on cals today.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 226 486 63  3,382
  Calories 903 1945 571  3,419
  Percent 26% 57% 17% `

No comments:

Post a Comment